We're Moving!!

Don't forget to change your readers and bookmarks to www.firstimpressionsbaby.com/blog! We won't be here for much longer (we have a new home)!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday


Not enough hours in the day? I feel the same way a lot of times. But, I've learned to multi-task...in a hardcore sort of way. LOL. And, it leaves me with lots of free time (well, sort of...but then I find something else to dive headfirst into).

So, here are a few tips!

Need to clean the bathtub? Use some of that body wash or shampoo you bought but didn't like to clean the tub/shower WHILE YOU'RE IN IT! Or - use some of your favorite body wash/shampoo and enjoy the smell! This saves me TONS of time. And, I'm not having to spend extra on cleaning supplies that are BAD for me!

Need to tidy up? Try picking up at least 3 things from a room as you leave to put them up. For example: I'm in the Living Room and I get up to get some water. I'll grab three things that are in the LR and either need to go to the kitchen OR to a room that is close to or on my way to the kitchen and then drop those off in those rooms. Then, when I leave the kitchen, I do the same thing. I'm constantly picking things up and taking things back to where they belong. Hey - I'm going that way anyhow! And, it saves more time than you could imagine!

Need to do laundry? Save your favorite TV show (on DVR or TiVo if you have it) and then wait to watch it when it's time to do laundry OR choose to do laundry when those shows come on. That way, you are doing a chore but it won't seem like because you are doing something you like as well! I also will save baby L's clothes to fold and put away for when she's in the mood to play. Then, we'll go to her room and she'll "help" by pulling clothes out of the basket (sometimes she runs off with them)...but I get to interact and play with her while I'm doing something that needs to be done.

What do you do to make your life a little easier?

3 comments:

Dad Speed said...

Those are some pretty amazing time savers... Keep up the good work!

ttelroc said...

I used to always do laundry while the NASCAR race was on, on Sundays -- It just always seemed to be a good way to stay awake LOL I love NASCAR but it puts me to sleep almost immediately - if I've got laundry to do, I get up and down a lot and tend not to be lulled to sleep by the drone of the cars.

Have A Great Day!
Kristin

Kat said...

What do I do to make my life easier? Well, I drink a lot.
jk
;)
Thanks for the tips!