We're Moving!!

Don't forget to change your readers and bookmarks to www.firstimpressionsbaby.com/blog! We won't be here for much longer (we have a new home)!

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Pan Fried Asparagus


Tonight, I won my husband over on asparagus - and lost half of my plate. He was positive that he had tried asparagus and would never ever eat it EVER again. I finally coaxed him into eating "just one bite," but then had to hold onto my plate for dear life.

So, what's the lesson to be learned from this post? Ashley knows best. Well, that and this Pan Fried Asparagus ROCKS!



INGREDIENTS

  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon coarse salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed

DIRECTIONS

  1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cook garlic in butter for a minute, but do not brown. Add asparagus, and cook for 10 minutes, turning asparagus to ensure even cooking.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Wow! Good for you! I think my hubby will LOVE the asparagus prepared like that. Thank you!

Unknown said...

I love Asparagus. Wonder if I can get Bill to eat this? Might have to get some and try it out.