When was the last time you truly stopped to consider what you were putting on your body...or your child's? Every shampoo, every baby lotion, every cream contains SOME sort of chemicals - but how safe are they?
I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "If it wasn't safe, it wouldn't be allowed on the shelves."
I could give you a list of products on shelves across America that contain chemicals that were proven UNSAFE ...and yet, we still buy them, unaware.
Unfortunately, until further notice - it's up to you to make sure that the ingredients you are putting on your and your children's skin (our largest organ) is SAFE.
So, for now, start with these most toxic ingredients (in baby care items), and see what you can do away with. If you can't get rid of it all, do what you can and work on the rest.
The DIRTY list:
* DMDM Hydantoin - Allergen and irritant that can form cancer-causing contaminants
* Fragrance - Allergens that may contain neurotoxic or hormone-disrupting chemicals
* Ceteareth and PEG compounds - Petrochemicals that may contain cancer-causing impurities
*Triclosan - Linked to thyroid disruption, produces toxic byproducts in tap water
*Fluoride - Neurotoxic agent that can discolor teeth at high doses
*Oxybenzone - In sunlight, can produce allergy- and cancer-causing chemicals
*Triethanolamine - Allergen and irritant that can form cancer-causing contaminants
*2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol (or Bronopol) - Allergen and irritant that can form cancer-causing contaminants
* BHA - Banned in other countries because it can cause skin depigmentation
* Boric Acid and Sodium Borate - Industry authorities caution against use on infant or damaged skin
*Sodium Borate - Industry authorities caution against use on infant or damaged skin
For more information about what's in YOUR specific products, check out SKIN DEEP.