We're Moving!!

Don't forget to change your readers and bookmarks to www.firstimpressionsbaby.com/blog! We won't be here for much longer (we have a new home)!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WHAT IF...


Have you ever stopped to think about the impact we make on this world? Have you ever stopped to think about the garbage that we daily consume and throw out? Have you ever thought about what it would be like if we all reduced our trash for one day...much less, for an entire year...or *gasp* for the rest of our lives?

April 22nd is Earth Day, and with that, comes a challenge for all of us to do something better for our Earth. And so, I have a challenge for you ;)

Between now and April 22nd, for ONE DAY, try to reduce your trash to as close to "zero" as you can get it - And then document it. If you have a blog or website, write about it. Take pictures if you want. Or, if you have no blog/website, come back here and tell me about your experience (in my comments).

For one day, see if you can have no trash (or see how close you can get). Re-purpose the things you would normally throw away...and go out of your way to use things that aren't encased in plastic, paper, styrofoam, paper, etc.

If you are up for the challenge, please sign up in my comments. And, to make the deal a little more sweet, I'm going to do a giveaway (which will be drawn from the participants names). Don't forget to leave a link to your post if you do it!!

4 comments:

La Mama Naturale' said...

Hi Ashley, You know, I'm in...what a great idea!!! I hope you'll join my kick the water bottle challenge!! I'll come back after I've blogged about it for the link...I basically try to reduce as much as possible but this will get my mind going into creative gear- and hopefully I'll get some ideas for future posts out of it! Also, don't forget to get to my site as I'm hosting a giveaway as well!!! You don't want to miss out!! Cool prizes. thx.

Anonymous said...

I'm in!

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

I love this idea. As a family of 8, it will be tricky.

No plastic baggies for lunch, reuse the coffee filter, try to use cloth diapers for the day!!

I'll blog this.

Genevieve Hinson said...

What an interesting idea.