We're Moving!!

Don't forget to change your readers and bookmarks to www.firstimpressionsbaby.com/blog! We won't be here for much longer (we have a new home)!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Getting Organized - And, Staying That Way!




As some of you know, I've taken a challenge for the year 2008 to organize my ENTIRE home. I call it: Project Organization 2008. You can ooh and aah later at the brilliance of that title, but right now...I need you to focus!

A few weeks ago, I was given the opportunity to read The Complete Guide to Getting and Staying Organized by Karen Ehman. And, I have to say - if you were to buy just ONE book to help you regain focus and motivation to clean (without making you feel like the worst mother/Christian ever) THIS book is IT.

In her book, Karen touched my heart with some of the things she had to say:

"They (lists) are no longer my taskmaster and I their slave. Instead, they are my Global Positioning System ... pointing me in the right direction but allowing me to still recieve a call from the Lighthouse asking me to alter my course for a while."

And, how true that statement is! Sometimes, I let my lists take over my day, making me less open to opportunities and people who need me because they wouldn't "fit" with the previous list. But, no more. In Karen's book, she shows how to be organized while still being flexible - and how to do it in the easiest way possible.

Another huge help I've had in organizing not only my home, but my life, was the Hearts at Home Planner (also a product by Karen Ehman). These planners are genius! - With fill-in calendars, menu planners, contacts, notes, and more! They also come in zippered and non zippered!

Next up, an interview (and giveaway!!) with Karen Ehman, herself!

No comments: