We're Moving!!

Don't forget to change your readers and bookmarks to www.firstimpressionsbaby.com/blog! We won't be here for much longer (we have a new home)!

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bright and Beyond





Okay, okay... I admit it. Occasionally play-time stumps me. No, really. It may sound horrible, but there are times when I can't think what to do. I'm always on the lookout for new activities to do with my young daughter that will inspire learning, imagination, and creativity...and sometimes, I draw a blank.

Needless to say, when I found Bright and Beyond Activity Cards, I was intrigued. Could there really be a set of cards with creative play ideas for itty bitty kids? Would they have the generic: Go swing. Let baby touch grass. Let baby play in tub with rubber duckies.???

...and then I opened my first deck...

52 cards (available in Baby, Age 1, Age 2, and Preschool -ages 3-5) full of creative ideas - ideas so simple, and yet I'd never thought of before! Making chutes to drop toys down? Genius! So, that's what I can do with those extra paper towel rolls I wanted to recycle...

Each card not only illustrates how to do things, it explains in detail on the back...as well as instructions and any warnings you may need to know upfront (small parts, etc.). AND - get this! - Almost all of the activities show how to make the degree of difficulty either go up or go down. Great, right!?

I'm loving my new deck for Age 1. I love how when I'm pressed for ideas, I can pull out a few cards for the day and know that while I'm playing with my daughter, I'm also teaching her skills (which are listed on each card).

Einstein, watch out.

No comments: