We're Moving!!

Don't forget to change your readers and bookmarks to www.firstimpressionsbaby.com/blog! We won't be here for much longer (we have a new home)!

Monday, December 17, 2007

virtual baby shower (number one)

Congratulations Angie on your baby girl!

Due: February 14, 2008
Location: MO
Baby Name: Lucienne or Eloise

I am a former teacher and current SAHM that is expecting baby #4 (my other kiddos are Girl, 9; Boy, 6; Boy, 3). I'm a bit "crunchy"--natural childbirther, extended and exclusive breastfeeder, delayed vaxer and soon to be a firsttime cloth diaperer! When not groaning about having to move my big old self out of the computer chair (lol), I volunteer at the kids' schools and our church. I am really excited to add another girl to our clan, and also to close the book on baby-making. I feel so ready to move on to the next stage, but it is certainly a bittersweet transition!


Now, on to your shower!

Here are a few things we suggest:

Theme: Pink Elephant

Food: Elephant shaped sandwiches, strawberry cupcakes, and elephant shaped cookies

Drink: Virgin Pink Elephant Mixed Drinks, pink lemonade, and/or raspberry fruit punch

Recipe for Virgin Pink Elephant Mixed Drinks:
1 tsp lime juice

1 tsp grenadine
1 tsp sugar

1/2 cup bitter lemon
1/2 cup pink grapefruit juice.
Mix lime juice, grenadine, and sugar together in a brandy snifter. Add ice cubes, lemon and grapefruit juice.







(As shown: Pink Elephant Stamp. Pink Elephant Greeting Card. Pink Elephant Drink Charm. Pink Elephant Decor. Pink Elephant Recycled Stationery (made from elephant dung) - for the adventurous. Pink Elephant Onesie. Pink Elephant Stuffed Toy. Elephant Cookie Cutter.)

And now, your gifts!

From Wordsies:



- A "Please Don't Compare Me To Your Baby" short-sleeve shirt in 3-6 mos that will say it all for you.




From Momspit:

- A set of 3 (2 oz.) bottles of Momspit in each of their scents (Fig & Green Tea, Lemon & White Tea, and Unscented). A safe way to clean small hands of sticky goo and grime.



From Boca Beth:



- A Boca Beth Beginner Set, which includes:

  • Their first DVD "Mi Casa/My House"
  • Their first music CD "My First Songs in Spanish"
  • Their bilingual coloring/activity book with more than 40 pages of Spanish & English fun BOCA the lovable puppet (MADE IN THE USA!)
  • A How To Guide for second language instruction


From Pretty Posh Princess Boutique:




-An "If the tiara fits" bright pink onesie...because every little girl should have one!

and...



- A matching "if the tiara fits" bright pink bib


Angie, we wish you a happy and peaceful pregnancy. We just know that this bundle will bring so much joy into your life, and you into hers.

And, to our participating businesses, we thank you so very much.

We would also like to thank all of our readers.

None of this would be possible without all of you.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.


(We hope you'll take a moment to leave Angie a lovely note and some well wishes!)

4 comments:

Jofrog said...

Congratulations Angie! I'm a cloth diapering mama too. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them for you or point you to my best resources. I just wrote a post about soakers and longies on my blog and about their proper care. Check it out!

Good luck with a smooth childbirth for your Valentine's Day baby!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, thank you! I am so excited to be your first shower mama!

I am loving the cute tees. This little girl will certainly be the princess with two older brothers, and I lol'd at the "don't compare me to your baby" one. We moms can be so bad at that, can't we?

I have never heard of Momspit, but I can't wait to toss that in my diaper bag!

Also *loving* the Boca Beth Beginner set. My kids have a baby cousin who will be raised bilingual (my sil is Peruvian and they currently live in Peru) so I am sure these products with be great.

Ok, pass the strawberry cupcakes and pitcher of Pink Elephant drinks! You know a pregnant girl can *always* eat! :)

mkckec said...

CONGRATS Angie! How fun! After having 3 natual births, you totally deserve a showering of cool gifts like these for your last hurrah!

I have the momspit too and let me tell you, IT REALLY DOES take off the sticky mess! Great stuff!

Good luck and YAY for baby girls!

Ashley said...

Congratulations Angie!

Here's to having a healthy and happy baby!