We're Moving!!

Don't forget to change your readers and bookmarks to www.firstimpressionsbaby.com/blog! We won't be here for much longer (we have a new home)!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday


So, I've got myself a new "thing". It's called Works for Me Wednesday, and I hope for it to be a permanent installment here :) I got the idea (and header) from Rocks in my dryer.

The idea is that I post a tip I use and would like to share. I had a hard time sifting through my great tips and tricks (I am just full of helpful advice lol). Should I post about yellow snow? - SURELY everyone knows that one by now (but in the offchance you haven't heard, feel free to email me and I'll let you in on the secret). What about ....hey I know!

Here we go (I'll start simple - I'm not so much worried about confusing you all as I am myself...wait, what? see?!)
You see that? Yeh, don't use it. This stuff = distilled petroleum. It doesn't moisturize because it simply sits on the skin and acts as a barrier. AND, if somehow a baby (or anyone else) happens to breathe it in....it can coat their lungs and cause chemical pneumonia (it contains hydrocarbons). You may not anticipate your baby going around and sniffing baby oil...but if there is any chance at all (in a bath, etc)...

INSTEAD....

I use Olive oil or Coconut Oil (Almond Oil is great too if you know FOR SURE there are no nut allergies present). It's great as a moisturizer for dry or chapped skin....and, it's cheap (plus it's a multipurpose product...moisturizer and you can cook with it...can you say that about Johnson and Johnson products?)

3 comments:

suchsimplepleasures said...

that is seriously...so good to know!!
go to the thursday 13 blog. look for their header thing...there are a ton of them, or use the one i have...of course...my head is your head...or something like that!!
xoxo

Kim said...

Great tip.. I never put this on the kids.. but at least now I know I never will.. :)

HISPANO said...

How could this product be approved?