Don't forget to change your readers and bookmarks to www.firstimpressionsbaby.com/blog! We won't be here for much longer (we have a new home)!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Thursday Thirteen No. 6
My Thursday 13 this week...
13 Valentines Activities to do with your children
1. Make Valentine's pancakes with red food color and heart shaped cookie cutters!
2. Make all of the food you cook today Valentine themed...use Valentine cookie cutters to make sandwiches fun shaped, use red and pink colored items (strawberries, cherries, tomatoes, red/pink food coloring, etc)
3. Cut out different shaped hearts with the kids and let them finger paint on them. Hang the hearts with fishing line to make a fun mobile or tape them to the windows
4. Fill a jar with small candies (conversation hearts, jelly beans, bubble gum, etc.) and have the children guess how many are in it.
5. Play a game similar to pin the tail on the donkey - using cupid, hearts, arrows, kisses, frogs, etc as the pieces.
6. Blow up red and pink balloons and put a folded piece of paper inside each of them. On each piece of paper, write a number. Tie the balloons and let each child choose one. Have a basket full of small gifts wrapped with a number attached. The number they choose will correspond with the Valentine's gift they get!
7. Using only heart shaped cutouts in a variety of sizes, see what sort of animals you can create...then judge and give awards!
8. Bend a wire coat hanger so the "hook" part stays but the triangular section becomes circular. Attach different sized hearts (decorated with markers, paint, glitter, etc) and then hang somewhere fun.
9. Make crayon hearts.
10. Make a curlicue card
11. Make Felt Fortune Cookies
12. Make a bouquet out of heart cutouts or tissue paper
13. Decorate cardboard frames with all things red and pink (conversation hearts, heart cutouts, buttons, markers, glitter, ribbon, paint, beads, etc)
Happy Valentine's Day!