We're Moving!!

Don't forget to change your readers and bookmarks to www.firstimpressionsbaby.com/blog! We won't be here for much longer (we have a new home)!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday


Today, I have a few tips. I just couldn't decide which one I'd like to share for Works for me Wednesday...and then I decided, why choose when I could tell you all 3?

So, here are a few things that work for me:

Tip 1: If you or the little one has an earache or ear infection, try using garlic - olive oil drops. To make, simply crush a clove or two of garlic and simmer in olive oil. I don't really time mine, just wait until the garlic is pretty much mush. Strain the garlic pieces out and wait for it to cool. Use a dropper to put the oil in aching ears. You can keep the oil in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks (warming it as you need by placing the jar in hot water). *Some people say this is a "remedy" for ear infections...and although I can neither confirm nor deny that (I don't know yet), I CAN say it makes them feel a little better - even if only temporary :)

Tip 2: Use used dryer sheets to dust.

Tip 3: Use waxed paper on a swiffer mop to pick up dust and dirt. Just put the waxed paper on the swiffer mop like you would the swiffer wipes. Easy and LOTS cheaper than dusting (collecting dirt) with the swiffer mop. Also, for a wet wipe down, you can use a wet dish cloth on the swiffer mop.

Ta -da!

9 comments:

suchsimplepleasures said...

i knew about the garlic oil because my oldest son, when he was a baby...had chronic ear infections. that garlic oil was a life saver!! truly!
as for the dryer sheets...really? do they work better than dry swiffer sheets?
and...tasty tuesday...next week...i'll be there! i will post my zip sauce for steak...it's so yummy and fattening!
xoxo

Kim said...

I still need to use that Garlic oil tip.. hopefully we are done with the ear infections..

and dusting? what is that?
Joggingincircles

Britni said...

I love the idea of using wax paper. I tried a paper towel and that didn't work... so hopefully this one will work better.

Pufferfish Mommy said...

Garlic is great! And yes, it works! You can also just peel a clove of garlic and set it just inside the ear, like a hearing aid. (Don't push it down into the canal!) That will help with the inflammation and pain as well. Check out the Bulk Herb Store for more info and other great natural remedies.

Kimberly McKay said...

Great tips----awesome! Thanks for the info.

Momisodes said...

WOw! Those were great tips :) I love the wax paper trick, I've gotta try!
I already do the dryer sheets, and it works wonderfully ;)

José Calvo said...

Thanks for the tips. By reading the comments it seems to be pretty popular.

suchsimplepleasures said...

to your comment...oy.vey!! may they never learn what i did, in high school...double oy vey!!
xoxo

Kat said...

Wow! I have never heard any of those. Great tips! Thanks!